For detailed information about survey types, please click here
Retail Prices 2022
BSS Examinations (within 25 miles of Alcester)
Boat Safety Examination, to include
- full BSS examination for private leisure or live aboard (no bubble tester is required)
- full gas tightness test by gas safe registered engineer, including gas leak detection and trouble shooting - note most examiners can not offer this
- free but fully-insured technical advice, including best and most economical repair methods - note most examiners are not able or insured to offer this
- free help with on the spot simple repairs
- travel costs
- retest visit if required
- certificate charges levied by CRT (£51.40 per certificate issued)
- VAT @ 20%
- No interpretation of the rules, just even-handed application delivered plainly and consistently.
Surveys (within 40 miles of Alcester - limited locations only)
Narrowboat Insurance Hull Survey £440 inc. VAT (valuation for insurance possible and usually free)
Narrowboat Full Out-of-Water Insurance Survey £595 inc. VAT
Widebeam Narrowboat Hull Survey £495 inc. VAT
Hull Survey, riveted historic narrowboat £475 inc. VAT (includes an additional engineer to which costs at least double the extra charge)
Hull Survey, riveted historic barge, by special agreement only (extra labour required as above) £705 inc. VAT
Valuation (stand-alone, not being carried out alongside the above) £245 inc. VAT
Unfortunately Tom is not currently offering LPG work to new enquirers. Existing customers please message me with your requirements
LPG Landlords Certificate - £108 plus VAT plus travel depending on distance - call for info
Inland Waterways Helmsman Courses
In the past Tom has worked with Bob Strachan of Tiilerfolk School of Boating, based in Worcester and established as a RYA training school in 1996. Bob is now enjoying a well-earned retirement and is unfortunately no longer working as an instructor.
Tom can recommend Andrew Phasey who can be contacted here https://littleburytraining.com/about-us/
Due to unprecedented survey demand Tom is not currently working as an instructor.
Small Craft Services Ltd is VAT registered No. 367 6449 52
Payment is due on production of invoice, and can be made by cheque or bank transfer.